이니스프리 미네랄 스탁 컨실러


"I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,"

That's right, I can start spurting out quotes from W.B. Yeats Lake Isle of Innisfree (which if you've never read you've clearly never taken AS English Literature! ㅋㅋ I jest, the poem itself isn't that bad really.) 
I really love Innisfree even if it's partly just for the name...
Innisfree(이니스프리)'s story began in 2000, as the introduction of a "Natural brand" to South Korea. Five years later, they opened a free-standing store. Now they've got (actor) Lee Minho and Im Yoona of SNSD doing their Cm's - and even though Yoona is my least favourite member of SNSD, for the purpose of Innisfree I shall appreciate her at least because she is one of the most popular members.

As you may be able to tell from the title (well only if you can read Hangul) I purchased the Innisfree Mineral Stick Concealer in the colour 1 (라이트 베이지 - I think that's light beige?) 
The thing that caught my eye about Innisfree was not (unlike most other Korean cosmetic brands) the packaging which is usually kept to a minimum and is pretty minimalist looking, but the ingredients list and their Eco-friendly policy. Considering I've been a vegetarian 17 years and...3 months (okay, well my whole life..xD) and I've got really sensitive skin anyway...I don't like using animal products or products with lots of chemicals in. So Innisfree always sounded like a good idea.

As you can see from this photo, at application stage it looks slightly cakey and orange. After a quick rub in (I didn't rub hard because remembering that it's a concealer and will likely to be applied onto sensitive skin...I applied the same amount of pressure that I usually would to my eyes.) It fell in place easily and after the product was rubbed in, it didn't slip anywhere. 

 There's a small amount of yellow undertone in the concealer, which makes it particularly useful for use underneath the eyes if you have blue/green/purple circles as the yellow/peachy colour should neutralise this.

The packaging is simple and elegant in my opinion, the lid stays on so there is no risk of product falling out anywhere. However it's not cute like Etude House, Lioele or TonyMoly products are. Innisfree have a greener and more sophisticated design.

 I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented concealer I've used, but it definitely the most natural looking. Some concealers can be too pale and then give you the opposite of dark circles...white circles! And that's no good either. You want to conceal blemishes, not emphasise them through making them too pale, this concealer does the job!

 The size is compact. It's slightly thicker and smaller than your average Biro pen or felt tip. I've compared the size to a basic Biro and a MUJI Water Based Felt Tip so you can see the height of the product. That saying, if you use this wisely then it should last you a long time!

It is actually slightly scented. I didn't notice it at first and I usually have a nose for that sort of thing, so it's clearly not strong. But I can't put my nose on what it is actually. It's a pleasant smell though not like the gross makeup smell that most drugstore products have.

So this concealer works well, it's cheap and easy to use. It's also Eco-friendly so you'll feel really good about using this concealer and feel all happy and green and stuff...so you should go and try it out! I picked mine up from Cosmetic-love as usual for £5.31 here.
I'm just going to share some pictures before I sign off, here's some more of the packaging itself and the product.
The colour I bought - #1 in the colour 라이트 베이지.
A quick size comparison between a MUJI felt tip and
a regular biro and the stick...


"I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore,
While I stand on the roadway, on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core."
sorry...I couldn't help quoting some more Yeats just to show off a little...