The Past 18 Years... Birthday Reflection


When you're reading this, I'll already be 18. I decided that I wouldn't write this post on the day because I know I'll be busy...but today is the 25th June. You'll be reading this on the 28th June. On the 28th I'll have been on the earth for exactly 18 years. In England that makes me officially an adult.
I couldn't decide what to do for my birthday post...I wanted to do something special because I'm only 18 once...but then I decided I'd just share some pictures with you guys! I found a couple of childhood photos - that sounds odd to say, I'm only 18 and I'm already having to refer to my childhood in the past tense - so I thought it might be interesting to see how I've changed!


Hopefully none of you have seen these photos before! I tried to pick out some new ones so this post is actually worth something! My favourite photo out of them? Second row and the one on the left. 

The only one I hate is the one against the brick wall. Meet Middle School me, as you can see my hair and makeup style...and clothing for that matter weren't really up to scratch were they? But this experience made me who I am today so I'm not going to deny it's existence. If I hadn't experienced what I did then I wouldn't be who I am today so I'm proud of that I guess!

Middle bottom (yep, I don't really have any order here do I?) is obviously a cosplay...I didn't go dressed as Misa as a daily outfit. Nope, I've not read the manga...no I haven't seen the anime the whole way through, but you all know I love my dramas and live-actions. I base my love for Death Note on that so yeah that's all there is to that one. I wore this to a manga course. Yeah. I went on one of those. Time's have changed haven't they?

Moving to the left...as far as I remember this looks like year 10 me. That makes me about 15 in this picture...after one of my surgeries and also before my weight loss. This I suppose is the pre-me photo. Sure all of these are (this photo is the most recent in the collection) but this one has a special attachment to me. I didn't really take any photos during my weight loss. I've taken photos my whole life, my hard drive is pretty much a photo representation of my life story...but I have just over a 6 month gap in 2011...This is just before then. This photo and the ones that come after this...mean a lot to me :)

Bottom right is just one from a spa trip as far as I remember? This just shows you how long I've had this camera! This pink camera is the same one I use on my blog photos today! Just with different settings on it and better lighting. Shows you don't need a great camera I guess.

The last one I'm going to talk about it the top left picture. That's me at my heaviest. As you can see...some stupid part of me thought if I had big hair, people wouldn't notice how much I was weighing. Being 4 foot 11...I put on weight easily. And you're reading this on my birthday so I'm not going to hang on to the weight thing...but I'm just glad I put that part of my life behind me now!

This shows how much I go to Center Parcs as well....I just selected 9 photos at random...4 of these at least I know were taken there. They're each taken different years, different months for different occasions. As far as I know I'll probably spend some time there again this summer...and for all the summers to come.

I've changed a lot over the years. I'm just putting that out there. I'm not the person I was when I started lower school, middle school, upper school...or even the same person I was two years ago when I started college/sixth form. I'm probably not even the same person I was the day I finished college. The thing is, I'm constantly changing, we all are. Even though I may look similar, I talk similar, I may have some of the same habits...inside I'm a different person.
I just wanted to get that out there. 
I'm now 18. That makes me an adult. From September I need to somehow fend for myself and cook, clean and work for myself. At this moment in time, I don't even have a job. It should be really interesting to see how this pans out and I hope you guys stick around with me to see it with me. If there's one thing that has stayed the same recently it's my readers. It's great to have you guys and I'd love to be able to share this change in my life with you all, my graduation, moving out~ all of it! I'm going to share it all with you guys. So stay tuned because it should be great.

I suppose this should be the part where I tell you I'm going to try and be more responsible and everything? Well I'm not. I'm going to tell you the complete opposite. I've spent my entire life playing roughly around the rules - and even when I haven't...I've not been caught xD - so I'm going to announce that I'm going to start playing my way now. If there's something I want to say then I'm going to start saying it. I've spent too much of my life without confidence or anything and I'm honestly pretty bored with it. 
Let's all try something new, be someone different and live life on the edge. 

Have you changed since you were a child? Has that changed you? Do you hold any regrets from your childhood?

Me? No. I've got no regrets. Sure there's things I wish I hadn't done, more than enough people I wish I hadn't been friends with and places I wish I hadn't been. But if I hadn't done that I might not have been sitting here today writing this for you. And I'm happy where I am now. I wouldn't change anything in my past. 

Stay beautiful guys and I'll be back later for more beauty based stuff. And don't worry! The diet section is coming! It's taking a while to compile photos and everything that's all ;D

(Note: this post breaks a pattern. In case you hadn't noticed, I have an OCD about the timing of my blog posts. Until now I've been posting at 12PM GMT. This one was launched at 9AM. This is because I was born at 9AM GMT. I thought it was significant enough for a change :D)