Skin Repair Session!

University is already taking it's toll on my skin. As a beauty blogger - and one that constantly posts skincare tips over makeup... - I feel pressured to always have perfect skin. Uni though as let that slide and I'd got into the habit of using makeup wipes rather than my whole makeup removal and skincare routine I was used to at home. I simply didn't have 30 minutes to spend every night on skincare any more!
Over the last couple of days I've been giving my skin a boost and a re-cleanse to apologise to my skin for all the damage it's been through the last couple of months!

The products I used for this routine (left-to-right): Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion,
Planet Spa Revitalising Retreat with Chinese Ginseng Peel Off Face Mask, Etude House Happy
Essential Foam in Collagen, Simple Soothing Eye Balm, Avon Care Royal Jelly Lip Balm,
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser and St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub.
Starting off I decided I needed to get rid of all of the basic layer of dirt and gross things building up on my skin, I started by applying the Planet Spa Ginseng mask and left it on until it dried out and peeled off. Then simply washed my face and went to sleep.
Sleep and water are easily forgotten about in a skincare routine and due to a lack of sleep, my skin has become dull and dry from not drinking enough water. I have now made it my mission to try and drink enough water every day and sleep for a reasonable amount of time!

The next day I grabbed my Apricot Scrub from St. Ives (which was voted the UK's No. 1 scrub brand!) and exfoliated my skin to get rid of the dry skin which was starting to form around in patches due to the cold weather and poor treatment...and of course a lack of hydration!

After this I went straight over to my pore cleansing brush from porebrush.com and used my usual foaming cleanser (Etude House's Collagen cleansing foam). The Collagen helps my skin to become more firm and leaves it feeling really soft and hydrated because the cleanser contains 40% moisturisers. Of course I wanted to deep cleanse so after using the pore brush to get into my pores and clean them, I wanted to make double sure that I'd got everything so went in with my exfoliating tool from Japan to get rid of all of the small bumps on my face that was missed with the first two steps.

After this my cleansing steps were done, I washed everything off and patted (not rubbed!) my face dry. Then with the Liz Earle eye lotion I took a cotton pad and applied this over my eye area to clean the eyes specifically. The aloe vera in the lotion also relaxes my eyes and brightens them up!
Focusing still on the eyes, the Simple eye balm reduces any puffiness in my eye bags and is great for students who don't get enough sleep!

Finishing off with some extra hydration, I applied a simple Royal Jelly lip balm from Avon and Simple's Hydrating Light Moisturiser to lock in some extra moisture and hydrate my skin even further!

And that everyone was a quick crash course on how to save your skin from any terrible habits or bad treatments you've been doing recently! I'm going to try and do this routine once a week - any more and I may over exfoliate my skin!
Let's look after our skin together! Good practices will slow down ageing and give you an overall more youthful and healthy appearance, so take 30 minutes out of your day to apply some products and save your skin.

Have a great day everyone and until next time, stay milky and keep your skin pure!