My Top 3 Reds

Just in case you're not following my new blog katielouiseclark.wordpress.com then here's a repost from here. When you have a chance, please check out my new blog and follow me over there! If I think a post is appropriate to also put on this blog, I shall continue to repost :) Have a great day everyone!


Recently I've taken to wearing the colour red. My skin is rather pale and therefore the red is in such great contrast with my skin that I just love the effect it gives me. I'm rather lucky in the fact that I am able to wear most red shades on the market and so I can just run into a makeup store and pick up a red and it will probably work somehow, but here are my most worn red shades over the last couple of months.

“I said pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.”  - Marilyn Monroe


 Products Featured:


  • MUA (Makeup Academy) Matte Lipstick in Wild Berry
  • Natural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Crimson
  • Kate Spade Nails Inc Polish in Big Apple Red
These three products are up in my general most used categories and are just overall winners in my mind. Both lipsticks are actually surprisingly moisturising (which is particularly incredible if you notice that the MUA lipstick was £1 and the Natural Collection was £2!) and the nail polish does not chip at all! The only time I have to redo my nails is when the colour begins to grow out!
Overall, the price of these three products is also incredible! I received all three of them for £5 in total as the Kate Spade polish came with the November edition of Glamour! (Glamour is £2, so really I paid £2 for the nail polish and received a free magazine! - oh blogger logic!) I've currently taken to going swimming a lot and therefore one must always have their nails painted so this Kate Spade colour is perfect. It's also in a rather compact bottle and so I will probably travel with this one in the summer as it is a far more convenient shape than Revlon nail polishes for example!
Just a quick note on the Natural Collection lipstick though, if you decide to purchase this please be careful when applying! It can look rather crayon-y if applied to quickly or too harshly! I am actually going to purchase MUA's Scarlet Siren the second I find it in a store! Everywhere I look it is completely sold out (I also need to find Peachy Keen!) but I think that the MUA shade would probably be a far higher quality even at half the price! I have reviewed the three shades of the MUA Matte Lipsticks already here and will add another review for the last two shades when I can finally get my hands on them!

“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.” - Gwyneth Paltrow

Have a great day and stay beautiful ladies!